Monday, December 8, 2008

We actually decorated!!!

What a year! We got our first REAL christmas tree (the biggest tree we have ever had). Thanks to my grandma. She wanted it cut down last year, but we didn't get to it until this year. Hopefully she doesn't regret the decision. The sacrifice of a real tree made me definately feel the need to enjoy it. So today I started trying to decorate it and it just wasn't happening. So I called my mother-in-law and asked her if she could come over and give me some advice. She came and brought more stuff to help pull it all together. She is awesome! I have never really known where to begin with decorating and she is so good at it. It was alot of fun and hopefully next year I can conquer the task without so much help. I cant stop looking at the room. (you just cant get the same effect with the picture) It looks great! I dont know if she knows about our blog, but if she does "thank you SOOO much".



3 comments:

katie said...

Wow that tree is seriously huge!!! Everything looks so festive. Maybe Jan can give me a few pointers when we move there too! It looks amazing

Becky said...

Looks great. And I have never seen a tree so large. Mom warned me, but WOW! At least you have enough house for it. Did you feel like Clark Griswold? I too need to learn from Jan. I love all the ribbon 'swirling' through the tree.

Anonymous said...

I love it vanessa! Super good looking! And real trees are the bomb! I can't wait every night for it to get dark enough to turn our lights on! Can't wait to see it all in person!